Problem starting OS X version

Brendan Simon Brendan at BrendanSimon.com
Thu Dec 31 03:10:04 EST 2009

I'm having trouble starting OS X version of GnuCash (2.2.9.4).

I can get it to start once when I first download and install it, but
subsequent invocations silently fail.
The initial invocation asks for a password : "osascript requires that
you type your password", but this does not happen on subsequent tries.

It does seem to work if I run directly from the .dmg and alerts me that
this program has been downloaded from the internet.  It seems if I run
it more than once from the Applications folder that the issue presents
itself.

Any idea how to fix this ??

Thanks, Brendan.