No subject

Mon Dec 21 14:23:26 EST 2009

I have tested going from 2.2.9 to 2.3.8 and back again to 2.2.9 and have had
no problems. I made changes and went back and forth because I was testing
some specific functionality.
I installed 2.3.8, then pulled my file from a different computer to the test
system. Just the one file, not the logs. Then I ran the program, ignoring
the setup by just clicking forward several times. Next, I opened the file
that I had previously transferred and it looked the same as it did on the
other computer that uses 2.2.9

Then I closed GC and uninstalled 2.3.8. I installed 2.2.9 and opened the
program. It just loaded the file that I had previously opened in 2.3.8
without prompting me for the location. I uninstalled 2.2.9 then  reloaded
2.3.8 again.
Once again I installed 2.2.9 into a different folder and was able to run
both instances of Gnucash simultaneously.  I even opened the file in both
instances at the same time, which is probably a very bad idea! SO don't do
that! It gives you a warning if it cannot obtain a lock.

I opened and closed the file alternating in each Gnucash version while they
were both open and saved each time and it looked the same each time.

Either way, I would make a backup of your gnucash file somewhere anyway.