Importing historical stock and mutual fund prices

Jason spam-trap at fuzz-n-buzz.com
Wed Feb 4 23:36:40 EST 2009

Hello,

I have recently installed GnuCash 2.2.8 on Windows XP and I am able to
get online quotes for most of my mutual funds.  (The Money Market funds
don't work, but that's OK since their price isn't *supposed* to
change!)  However, I cannot figure out how to populate GnuCash with
historical price data without having to manually enter price data for
each security and each day.  Is there a way to either do this from
within GnuCash?  If not, is there a way to populate the data file
GnuCash uses to store the historical price data outside of GnuCash?
(i.e. download historical data into a spreadsheet and save a CSV file or
some other transformation?)

Thanks in advance for any assistance in finding a solution.

Jason