employee bookkeeping -- transaction report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 6 10:43:07 EST 2009

John Griessen <john at cibolo.com> writes:

>> Open a register with the transaction.
>> Select the transaction
>> Click on "Split" (to expand the transaction)
>> Then run the Reports -> Account Transaction Report
>>
>> Is that what you want?
>

> It's getting warm...  My debian installed gnucash 2.2.6 has splits open whenever
> a line in an account is selected, so no click on split possible, (greyed out)
>
> What I got was a single line sort of like this:
> 01/30/2009	1915	M____ X______ $13/hour before_tax pay	hours
> worked take home = gross pay -0.062*gross pay-Inc_tax	-- Split
> Transaction --		$27.63	$1,045.91
>
> The splits are not listed out.

INTERESTING...  You're right!  That's very weird.  I would have
sworn it did it.

> Is this report done in scheme?  I'm doing a little scheme programming already.

Yes.  All reports are in scheme.

> How would I make a similar one using this one as a guide, recompile,
> and put it on the menu?

Copy-and-paste it, change the name and guid, and cause it to get
loaded at runtime.  No recompile necessary.