JPMorgan Chase Setup for OFX

George L mechprof1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 16:51:19 EST 2009

I am enrolled for their Direct Access through the PFM service. I have tried
unsuccessfully to download accounts using OFX. Under General I use my Chase
Web User ID for User name, User ID and Customer ID. Country is USA. Bank ID
is the bar code on left hand side on the bottom of my checks (I have also
tried the number on the bottom right hand side of my checks). For OFX the
FID is 1601, ORG is Chase Bank, Server URL is
https://www.oasis.cfree.com/1601.ofxgp, HTTP 1.0 or 1.1.

When I Get Accounts, the program asks for my password, connects and then
performs several activities faster than I can read them and the entire
screen disappears without asking about a certificate. There are no readable
error messages and no accounts are loaded. The backend is aqofxconnect. I am
using Gnucash 2.2.8 with Windows XP.

I've talked to several people at Chase and they won't even discuss the
possibility of using any other direct connect programs other than MS Money,
Quicken or Quickbooks.

Am I using the correct General and OFX parameters?
Is there something else I'm missing?