'Target' crash

Brenden Walker Brenden at diablops.com
Thu Feb 12 16:50:56 EST 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:04:07 -0800 (PST) sirenwerks <sirenwerks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not an advance user, simply use GnuCash for home bookeeping. I'm
> running version 2.2 with Windows Vista. When I enter the text
> 'Target' in a Description field in the general ledger, the program
> often crashes. I can enter something else and then come back and
> change it to 'Target' after I've saved the transaction without the
> program crashing.  Is this a known issue, anyone else have the same
> problem? --
> http://www.nabble.com/%27Target%27-crash-tp21960575p21960575.html

I have a similar problem at times.  It appears to be related to memorized transactions (not sure if that's the correct term) or perhaps minor file corruption maybe both.  I've only ever noticed it when opening files that were saved from different machines.

What I've found that seems to fix it Actions | Check and Repair | All Transactions