US Equivalent of Canadian GIFI?

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Tue Feb 17 06:10:28 EST 2009

I'm setting up the GnuCash accounts for my new business, and would
like to know if there are any kind of standard account numbers for use
when filing United States and California taxes.

Canada Revenue Agency publishes the General Index of Financial
Information (GIFI), which has the official numeric designations for
Canadian corporations to use on their financial statements:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/rc4088/README.html

For example, GIFI item 1000 is Cash and deposits, 1002 is Deposits in
Canadian banks in Canadian currency, and 1003 is Deposits in Canadian
banks in foreign currency.

If the US has any kind of equivalent to the GIFI codes, I think I
should use them, but Google doesn't turn up anything.

Thanks!

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha