GnuCash for Windows formatting bug?

John Banner sjbanner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:15:56 EST 2009

   A week or two ago I asked about an issue that I am having and I got
no replies at all, so I am going to try again.

   I installed GnuCash for Windows off of the latest stable
distribution (2.2.8), and I have found that anywhere that GnuCash
displays a positive value (Zero or negative values are correct),
GnuCash adds a "11" to the end of the number.  The "11" doesn't
interfere with any calculations, and when I sent the data-file to a
friend running GnuCash on a Linux box, they aren't there.  If I go in
to edit a transaction in the register, they act like they are there
(but with the decimal point, I expect they are getting truncated if I
don't actually delete them).

   Anyhow, they are really annoying and I would like to know how to
get rid of them.  I have looked through the manuals and haven't found
anything that would suggest this kind of behavior.

   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

                  Thanks,

                         sjb.