Hello - new to list with a question about reconciliation

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Feb 18 16:55:35 EST 2009

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 21:47:16 David Ryder wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just joined the list and am new to gnu-cash - I never could
> understand the myob etc but this I do!
>
> I have a problem - I reconciled a Liabilities account by mistake instead
> of the Asset account it posted to. I need to undo the additional entries
> to the Liabilities account which I put it in to make it reconcile and,
> of course, these changes are in the Asset account.
>
> Is it possible, if so how, to undo this account reconciliation?
>
> If not, what happens if I delete reconciled entries?
>
> This is a business and is very important.
>
> Many thanks for your help,
> David

Hi David.

You can un-reconcile a txn by clicking on the "Y" in the account register.
You'll probably have to confirm in a dialog box, though.

If you delete a reconciled txn (or un-reconcile it) I think that the next time
you run the reconcile dialog, you'll find that the opening balance will be
wrong.   Don't worry about that, set the closing balance correctly and go
through the process and it should all come out right in the end.

HTH,
Maf.