Mac OSX Leopard : Gnucash with Quartz in a .app

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:10:31 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Chocodup <chocodup at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have already been able to compile Gnucash 2.2.8 with X11 using fink.
> I recenty have compiled Gnucash 2.2.8 with Quartz using macport (
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail
> )
> All these solutions worked for me, but I still have to launch gnucash
> using a terminal.
>
> Today, I tried to make a gnucash.app using the solution described in
> the following wiki page : http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz.
> However, I haven't been able to compile gnucash successfully using
> this solution.
>
> When I try to launch "jhbuild build", I have the following error :
> jhbuild build: libgnomeprintui has a dependency on unknown
> "libgnomecanvas" module
>
> Has anybody seen this error before ? How to go on ?

I haven't tried building the .app yet, so I may not be much help. But I'm
glad that you are trying! I think that libgnomecanvas is a dependency that
should already have been installed by macports:

$ port list installed | grep libgnomecanvas
libgnomecanvas                 @2.20.1.1       gnome/libgnomecanvas

The include files are in /opt/local/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 and the
libraries are in /opt/local/lib. Perhaps the scripts on the wiki need some
help?

> Thanks for your help,
> Guillaume.

Cheers,