Transactions in wrong account - moving them?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 18 19:51:20 EST 2009

Hi,

Quoting David Ryder <davaweb at bigpond.net.au>:

> Hi,
>
> In my earlier request this morning, I said I had posted/reconciled a
> Liabilities account - I meant an Income:(special income) account. But
> that is just to clarify. I have successfully unreconciled it.
>
> However,
> 1. I am left with a lot of items in it that I want to move to the
> appropriate Asset account. Is there an easy way to do this or do I have
> to delete them and reenter them in the Asset account? I don't mind just
> doing it for the Date, Amount and Description as I can easily then just
> select The Transfer account.

Sure, just edit the transactions and change the account from one
to the other.  You may need to expand the transaction (via the Split
button) to see the "current" account.

> 2. A minor question. Is there a reason gnu-cash doesn't have copy and
> paste in the mouse click options and only in the Edit menu?

Um, I see them there...