Transactions in wrong account - moving them?

David Ryder davaweb at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 18 20:23:59 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 19:51 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting David Ryder <davaweb at bigpond.net.au>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In my earlier request this morning, I said I had posted/reconciled a
> > Liabilities account - I meant an Income:(special income) account. But
> > that is just to clarify. I have successfully unreconciled it.
> >
> > However,
> > 1. I am left with a lot of items in it that I want to move to the
> > appropriate Asset account. Is there an easy way to do this or do I have
> > to delete them and reenter them in the Asset account? I don't mind just
> > doing it for the Date, Amount and Description as I can easily then just
> > select The Transfer account.
>
> Sure, just edit the transactions and change the account from one
> to the other.  You may need to expand the transaction (via the Split
> button) to see the "current" account.

I'm sorry, I just can't see how.
I want to move some transactions Dates, Descriptions, Amounts out of
Liabilities:AccountName into Assets:BankAccountName. I can't see how in
Edit I can do this? Am I not understanding the method you mean as I
can't see what steps are necessary?

> > 2. A minor question. Is there a reason gnu-cash doesn't have copy and
> > paste in the mouse click options and only in the Edit menu?
>
> Um, I see them there...
If I click on a tranaction, the list that opens up contains:
Sort by ...
Filter by ...
Rename page
Duplicate transaction