payment voucher number

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Feb 21 12:31:53 EST 2009

Eric,

    Try describing the entire transaction (what you want to do). What is
your organization process with regard to "vouchers"?

    Compare for a moment with "invoice number". In this case GnuCash
provides a built in field because "processing invoices" (matching by
number) is a feature. So tell us what USE you expect GnuCash to be
making of this voucher number -- if any. Because if you don't expect
GnuCash to be using this voucher number for some purpose, if as far as
GnuCash is concerned this is just "user data", there wouldn't be a
specific place of it, just part of the transaction "description" -- and
you do have a place to enter that.

Michael

>Hi,
>
>I'm a new user and started using gnucash for a non-profit organization.
>
>I've looked but can't find where to enter a payment voucher number.  I see
>how to enter the invoice number that's being paid and, of course,  a check
>number but  not the payment voucher number.
>
>Thanks.  Eric

There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.