Multi-company accounting

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Thu Feb 26 04:27:58 EST 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Conor McGarry wrote:
> I have a large number of companies within the same organisation.
>  Currently, I have a GnuCash file for each company.
>
> I would like to allow each of the companies' files to link together so that
> entering an intercompany transaction doesn't require 2 seperate entries.

So far no one has mentioned the legal aspects.
I have no idea what the situation is in Eire, but in Australia I am obliged to
keep absolutely separate books for each tax-registered entity.

--
Magically turning people's old scalar contexts into list contexts is a
recipe for several kinds of disaster.