Can't edit scheduled investment transactions

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Feb 26 18:09:41 EST 2009

On Thursday 26 February 2009 22:21:16 Tom Peterson wrote:
> Gnucash allows me to schedule a previously recorded
> Assets:Investments:CollegeFund transaction but when I go to save the
> Scheduled Transaction after editing it I get the error message
> "Scheduled transactions with variables cannot be automatically created."
>
> Is there a way around this issue?  I have a couple of transactions now
> that I need to remember to enter since I'm unable to create scheduled
> transactions for them. The computer should be much better at remembering
> these things than me.
>
> I'm running the latest gnucash under Windows XP.

Hi Tom,

I think that this error means that GC can't automatically create (ie insert
into the register) a transaction which requires user input to give a value to
a variable.

Look at your auto-create etc. settings for the scheduled txns in question, and
see if you have them set to auto create.

Just 0.02,
Maf.