Enquiry about budgets

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 07:48:28 EST 2009

On Jan 2, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Fiona - software wrote:

> As I already have my two savings accounts to cover the two different
> budgets, will I still need to set up virtual "Asset budget
> accounts"?  Or do I still have set them up due to the credit card
> cycle payments?
>
> As a matter of interest, is there a limit on the number of accounts/
> sub-accounts you can have?

For me, the virtual budget account makes it so I I can spend money
from any real money account and then record which budget account that
represents.  I don't know how to do it otherwise because you have to
have an account to credit when you make a debit against a budget.

I personally don't know any limit on accounts/sub-accounts.  They are
represented by GUIDs if I recall right so theoretically you should be
able to have as many as you can think of.  Practically of course, file
size and memory constraints could have some effect but I bet the
number of accounts would be secondary to the number of transactions in
the accounts in that regard.

-Dennis