AP Bills Not Marked "Paid"

Blackhawke blackhawke at vetl.org
Wed Jan 7 13:28:45 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 10:45 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Can you check your AP account and look for Auto Split Transactions
> in the account?
>
> Bills get paid FIFO towards the Vendors so if you have multiple bills
> to one vendor it's possible that it's not paying them in the order
> you think they are.

Hi Derek!

Yes I know that GC handles splitting payments amongst bills in FIFO
order (as it should). :)

And yes, the payments show as Split Transactions: Each payment appears
in the AP book an equal number of times to the number splits GC mad for
that payment, and each entry in the book (or ledger, if you prefer)
shows all the splits (if that's clear).

Keep in mind that this account is 2 years old and that I have payments
shown as "not paid" (that have been paid) that go back to the middle of
2007.

Thanks for the input.

-=Blackhawke