Year end, import/export

gnucash at ew.ewheeler.org gnucash at ew.ewheeler.org
Mon Jan 12 18:23:06 EST 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, John R. Carter, Sr. wrote:
> Export the Chart of Accounts:
> File > Export > Export accounts
>
> The new file has no transactions in it. You then have to enter the beginning
> balances for all accounts. This could be a real hassle if you have a lot of
> stocks you want to track, a lot of scheduled transactions you want to
> preserve, and maybe a few other issues I can't think of right now.

Exactly.  I am trying to create an empty book for 2009 and preserve all of
the customers and scheduled transactions.  Since one currently
cannot export scheduled transactions nor customers, I would like to:
   1.  Copy the 2008 file to a 2009 file.
   2.  Delete all transactions from the 2009 file
   3.  Place beginning balances for appropriate accounts.

So, is there a way to take an existing book and delete all transactions?
Can I delete everything in the General Ledger?

-Eric