Error installing gnucash2.2.8 on Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Intel)

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 17:29:39 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM, John R. Carter, Sr. <john at jrcarter.com>wrote:

> I have Gimp and gnucash installed and running on my Mac OSX 10.5.6 with no
> problems.
> I installed gnucash with fink, but it took three tries to complete the
> build.
> $ fink selfupdate; fink build gnucash2 (3 times)
> I run gnucash from either a Terminal app or the X11 terminal.
> $ gnucash <file> &
> I have noticed a difference in the behavior (display) of gnucash if Java is
> pointing to version 1.6. Version 1.5 works fine. Apple tells me to reinstall
> the OS from scratch to possibly fix that problem. That would entail
> installing 10.4 and then upgrading to 10.5.
> Is anyone else out there using Java 1.6 in OSX 10.5.6?

Gimp and GnuCash should be fine together on MacPorts too -- the point is
that they have some common dependencies, so both have to built to use X11 or
both to use quartz. (Actually I think you can have multiple MacPorts
installations, which would allow you build them differently, but I haven't
tried that.)

-Charles