Entering a credit

Robert G Palmer Jr robertpalmerjr at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 09:37:04 EST 2009

No, this does not seem to work, for two reasons:

1. On an invoice, my checking account can't be selected.  I'm
guessing an invoice will not let you select a BANK account, because I
can select other ASSET accounts that are just "holding
accounts" (e.g. I can select "Assets:undeposited funds").

2. An Invoice takes money FROM an account and puts it INTO Asset:AR
account.  Even if I could do a invoice against my BANK account, it's
going to INCREASE the AR, not DECREASE it.  A Credit should DECREASE
INCOME AND AR (you aren't getting paid as much and you aren't
expecting as much).