Entering a credit - (We have a winner!)

Robert G Palmer Jr robertpalmerjr at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 09:48:26 EST 2009

I just tried this on my file - it works and seems (so far) to have no
side effects

- A/R is decreased by the CREDIT amount
- the income is decreased by the CREDIT amount
- the CUSTOMER REPORT shows the Credit
- the TEMP account (I use an account called Income:Discounts &
Credits) no longer shows the transaction

The only drawback is that this is a two step process, but at least
it's a viable solution

I STILL think you should be able to enter a CREDIT just like you
enter a PAYMENT.  I also couldn't imagine using GnuCash for a
business unless I could easily do credits - it seems so important (am
I missing something)?

Robert

PS - Now I just need to make a "cheat sheet" of each "action" I need
to do and the steps to do it.