Windows XP Saving Presences

gnubie oneilian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:45:28 EST 2009

Fred Bone wrote:

> Did you install using the same login as you are trying to run under? If
> not, it could be a file permissions problem.

Yes, it was installed under the same name, mine.  I have all admin
privileges of the computer.

After comparing files on my laptop, there is a file saved in the
$HOME/.gconf path that seems to contain the last file used information.  I
did not have a .gconf folder tree there at all.  I created a .gconf folder
tree manually to match what was on my laptop, but that did not help.

As a side note, using that path seems kind of peculiar in a windows
environment IMO.  Why isn't it kept in the first config path choice of
etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory or some other path relative to the gnucash
install directories?  This probably isn't affecting my problem, just seems
odd.  Is there a way to change the paths used?

In the mean time, I have made gnucash usable by tweaking the default config
file to turn off the autosave notification timer and new account druid from
popping up every time I start.  However,t would be nice if it would auto
start with my accounts(last one used) instead of me having to open them
every time.