Windows XP Saving Presences

Michael & Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Tue Jan 13 12:48:11 EST 2009

ONE possible cause of this (plagues me) is that characters which are legal
in a Windows user name (Windows log in name) are not necessarily legal in
the path names used to save the settings changes. Not easy for the GnuCash
team to fix as the problem lies within .gnome stuff they are using and
outside the control of the project.

ROFRLOL, since we've probably just lost the main hard drive on the desktop,
I'll be able to address that as no terribly big deal if I have to reinstall
everything, to use a new (valid for GnuCash) Windows account name (when I
restore from data backup, just redo the parts that are path dependent
instead of restoring those)

Michael