Question on Proximo in Billing terms

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 15 13:55:07 EST 2009

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is no way to get a Proximo term to be due in the "current" month.
>> It is ALWAYS either "month+1" or "month+2" depending on whether the post
>> date is before or after the cutoff.   A negative cutoff just counts
>> backwards from the last day of the month (e.g., a cutoff of -1 will be the
>> last day of the month).
>>
>> -derek
>>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> Only this is not compatible with the invoices I receive.
>
> I have never seen a month+2 scenario, but I admit my accounting experience is
> fairly limited. I just wonder I it would be worth to file an enhancement
> request for this in bugzilla or not.

No..  Think about it this way:

You post an invoice on Jan 14, 2009 with a cutoff day of "15".
Should the invoice be due Jan 15, 2009 or Feb 15, 2009?
The current code makes it due Feb 15, 2009.  I figured that
it didn't make sense to be able to post an invoice that would
be due the next day.

So this is where the "month +2" comes into play.
If you post an invoice on Jan 16, 2009 it misses the
cutoff for the Feb 15 due date, so it's due March 15, 2009.

> By the way, I may have missed it, but I didn't find any written documentation
> on the Billing Terms. Is that correct ? As a matter of fact, it seems none of
> the business functions are in the user guide or concepts guide.

Yeah, the business features are fairly poorly documented.
Documentation exists, but it's very thin.
Contibutions welcome.