Reports -> Income & Expense -> Cash Flow

Georg Stapper georgstapper at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 13:55:40 EST 2009

Hi,

I did not get a reply to the cash flow report currency problem so far. Is there anyone out there who has an idea how I can fix it? This seems to be a bug to me.

Sorry for pushing it a bit.

I have set up my accounts with three different currencies. The main currency is EUR some sub-accounts are denominated in GBP or ZAR. I have set up all FX rates for the currencies in the Price Editor using Finance::Quote. The figures of the sub-accounts add up correctly for the main accounts. This makes believe that the currencies are set up properly.

If I try to get a cash flow report for a currency other than the one associated to the given locale (regional settings under Windows XP), the figures given for the account are taken as the figures for the currency set under Windows instead of the account currency. If I change the report currency (under the GnuCash preferences) to the account currency, the FX rates come into play and mess it up even more.

How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help!

G.