GnuCash Default Font

Mark HerrPoetry at HailMail.net
Sat Jan 17 01:59:52 EST 2009

(I just posted on a related GnuCash topic, so please forgive the
repetition of my system details.) I have just finished a complete fresh
install of Macports, followed by a native Quartz, minimal (+without_hbci
+without_ofx +without_quotes) install of GnuCash on MBP 10.5.6.

I can't figure out how to change the default font for the program. When
I used to run GnuCash under X11 (Fink package GnuCash2), I had -- and
still have -- a file in my home directory named .gtkrc-2.0 which
contains a single line: gtk-font-name = "Luxi Mono 16" -- and that used
to cause GnuCash to use that font in all its windows.

But not anymore! Apparently native Quartz GnuCash installed via MacPorts
isn't consulting ~/gtkrc-2.0, or is somehow overriding it? Anything I
can do to get my big beautiful font back?

- Mark