GnuCash Default Font

Mark HerrPoetry at HailMail.net
Sat Jan 17 22:33:53 EST 2009

John R. Carter, Sr. wrote:
> On a Mac:
>
> $ sudo nano -w `which startx`
>
> (Use back quotes in the above.)
> Change the first occurrence of defaultserverargs to read as follows:
>
> defaultserverargs=”-dpi 96”
>
> You will have to restart X11 if it is already active.
>
> All this does is ensure that the X11 display resolution is the same as
> the default system font.
>
> On Jan 16, 2009, at 11:59 PM, Mark wrote:
>
>> (I just posted on a related GnuCash topic, so please forgive the
>> repetition of my system details.) I have just finished a complete fresh
>> install of Macports, followed by a native Quartz, minimal (+without_hbci
>> +without_ofx +without_quotes) install of GnuCash on MBP 10.5.6.
>>
>> I can't figure out how to change the default font for the program. When
>> I used to run GnuCash under X11 (Fink package GnuCash2), I had -- and
>> still have -- a file in my home directory named .gtkrc-2.0 which
>> contains a single line: gtk-font-name = "Luxi Mono 16" -- and that used
>> to cause GnuCash to use that font in all its windows.
>>
>> But not anymore! Apparently native Quartz GnuCash installed via MacPorts
>> isn't consulting ~/gtkrc-2.0, or is somehow overriding it? Anything I
>> can do to get my big beautiful font back?
>>
>> - Mark

I made the proposed edit, but to no avail. I'm not running GnuCash in
X11, but natively using Quartz, using the MacPorts installation
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail#Using_MacPorts_to_install_the_native_Quartz_version_of_GnuCash>.
There's gotta be a way to modify the installation -- even if I have to
add more Gnome components -- to change the font GnuCash uses. I just
don't have the Unix chops to figure it out.

- Mark