GnuCash Default Font

Mark HerrPoetry at HailMail.net
Sun Jan 18 01:15:49 EST 2009

Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> native Quartz GnuCash installed via MacPorts . . .
>
> How do you build the Quartz version?
> I see no Quartz variant.

There are two methods. Here are the links:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail#Using_MacPorts_to_install_the_native_Quartz_version_of_GnuCash

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz

I first tried the second of these, without MacPorts, but I couldn't get
it to work -- got stuck in the libgnomeprint installation. So I deleted
that failed installation and tried a fresh install of MacPorts and the
first of the above links, and it works: no X11. With a little help from
David T., I wrote a one-line Applescript app to be able to launch
GnuCash directly from the Dock:

do shell script "source /sw/bin/init.sh ; /opt/local/bin/gnucash >&
/dev/null & ; echo"

I haven't tested this native GnuCash yet; I've been trying to tweak the
installation, including the default font:

> I can't figure out how to change the default font for the program.
> When I used to run GnuCash under X11 (Fink package GnuCash2), I had --
> and still have -- a file in my home directory named .gtkrc-2.0 which
> contains a single line: gtk-font-name = "Luxi Mono 16" -- and that
> used to cause GnuCash to use that font in all its windows.
>
> But not anymore! Apparently native Quartz GnuCash installed via
> MacPorts isn't consulting ~/gtkrc-2.0, or is somehow overriding it?
> Anything I can do to get my big beautiful font back?

Any ideas?

- Mark