client listing

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Jan 19 17:10:52 EST 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009, Nicolas Severyns wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> For my trimestrial Belgian VAT declaration I need to make a client
> listing and a listing of all invoices made out during the last
> year/trimester.
>
> I only find an option to make a report for one client.
>
> I know that all the data I need is in my Gnucash database, but I don't
> know how to get it out of it.

I don't think there is a report that currently does this.

> Do I have to make a custom report? Are there any tutorials on the
> internet? Any other tips?

The current report engine is not very flexible (from an ordinary user's point
of view). For the report you are looking for, you will have to create a
completely new report. You will have to know the Scheme programming language
for that (or learn it). If you are interested in doing this, you probably
should ask your question again on the -devel list.

> Thanks for all possible information,

As you, I'm living in Belgium and use Gnucash for my day to day accounting.
But I'm not using Gnucash for all of it as it's not really adapted to the
Belgian (or even European) fiscal law.

I am curious though to learn how you are using Gnucash. For example do you
print invoices directly from Gnucash ? Where do you store your customer's (and
vendor's) VAT numbers ? Things like that.

Regards,

Geert