Slow startup on FreeBSD 7.1 + main: binreloc relocation support was diabled at configuration time

Antonio Rieser tonyrieser at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 20:29:17 EST 2009

Hi,

I just installed GnuCash 2.2.7, guile 1.8.5, slib 3a4, and libtool 1.5.26,
libltdl ?  (all the latest ports cvsup) on FreeBSD 7.1 on an Acer Aspire
1680 (laptop).  When I start gnucash, I get the following error:

gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was diabled at
configuration time.

It then takes a VERY long time (~2 minutes) before I see the gnucash tip of
the day and intro image.  The tip of the day then takes another ~1 minute
before it will respond to a mouse-click.

After a little googling, it seems that slow starting was a known problem on
earlier versions of FreeBSD, but should have been fixed with the patches
that came with the port.

Any help would be heartily appreciated.

Thanks,

  Tony