gnucash in german and spanish

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Thu Jan 22 14:24:08 EST 2009

Hello

   > That's one way.

   >> >  env LANG=de gnucash
   >>

   >> Well it does not work, gnucash starts with english!

   > Are you sure you have the German Locale installed?

It seems not I then installed it
 apt-get install locale-de
then
env tells me
LANG=de
but
when running gnucash

I obtain

gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

* 20:18:07  WARN <Gtk> Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

LOCALE shows me:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

So I am very confused.

   >> I can't find any way in gnucash to chose a language, sort of
   >> inconvenient.

   > It's fully based on your environment.  Fix your environment and
   > gnucash will take it.

   > I'm sorry you feel it's inconvenient that you need to have a
   > working german system locale in order to run gnucash in german, but
   > that's the way it is.  For 99% of the people out there (probably
   > even more!)  the way it works is the right thing.  And for those
   > remaining 1%, it's just not hard to reset the environment to run
   > gnucash differently.

Point taken if it works as you describe that would be fine, alas it
seems not to work

Uwe