Problems selecting text and cutting and pasting

Poggione Pete pete at poggione.org
Thu Jan 22 17:33:57 EST 2009

I just installed gnucash 2.2.8 via MacPorts on my macbook. I installed
it to run with gtk2+quartz. The application "runs" fine. It opens, I
can do everything except use the mouse to select text, and I can't cut
and paster via menus, command keys or anything either. I can select
records with the mouse and tab through fields, select items from drop-
downs. I can enter text in a field and move around a field using arrow
keys. Double clicking on a word.. nothing.

There were no errors during the installation and I had the following
variants in the variants.conf file

no_static
+no_x11
-x11
+quartz

I've searched the user list archive, and really came up with nothing.

Anyone else had this problem and solved it? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.