How to write off bad credit

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 23 15:40:03 EST 2009

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> writes:

> Making it show up in the reports is a question of customising your reports,
> and I can't help you with that.  Normally the amount won't be in your Balance
> Sheet at all, because your Balance Sheet is a snapshot of your assets and
> liabilities on balance date, with no history.  Even Profit and Loss will show
> you only the totals of the various accounts.

Not necessarily..

I think the issue is making the credit show up in the BUSINESS reports..
And the only way to get something to show up in the business reports
is by using the business features:  Post Invoice and Process Payment.
So you can't just enter a transaction from the GL and have it appear
there.