Equity Statement

Roberto Hernandez roberto.hfer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:16:35 EST 2009

Hello all,

Can anybody tell me how each of the quantities in the Equity Statement
report is calculated? I was assuming the following:

a. Capital, start of period = Equity on that date
b. Capital, end of period = Equity on that date
c. Net loss / gain = b - a

However, a few results I get aren't in line those definitions:

1. The "Investments for Period" and "Withdrawals for Period" show
amounts that are several times over the sum of transactions for that
period.
2. When I run the report on last year's data file and specify the
period covering 2009-01-01 to 2009-01-26 I get a net loss for the
period. There are no transactions recorded after 2008-12-31... I've
confirmed that by doing a search on "Date Posted is on or after
2009-01-0".
3. I ran the report on last year's data file and specified the period
covering 2008-01-01 to 2008-01-31. I get a "net loss for the period"
that's about 23 times the difference in Total Equity from the balance
sheet report for 2008-01-01 and 2008-01-31.

Thanks in advance!

Roberto