Envelope System using Scheduled Transactions

Rafferty Uy rafferty.uy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:29:13 EST 2009

Hi,

It will be the first time that my Scheduled Transactions will run. I just
want to know what will happen in the next few days.

My purpose for using scheduled transactions is to allocate my salary to
separate "accounts" using an "envelope-system" concept.
I have set up a scheduled transaction every end of the month with the
following "not actual value" settings:

- Frequency: Monthly: 31 (Next Occur 31/01/2009)
- Template Transaction:

Total Funds In          Total Funds Out
  -- Assets:SGD:Savings Account:Charitable Gifts    100
  -- Assets:SGD:Savings Account:Savings               200
  -- Assets:SGD:Savings Account: Necessities        700
  --
Income:Periodical:Payroll
1000

With the above settings, can I expect that SGD 1000 will be automatically
allocated to its corresponding Asset accounts?

Rafferty D. Uy
Software Engineer @ ease solutions Pte. Ltd.
MBA Student @ National University of Singapore

"Being a CEO is like answering a call to bring the organization to a better
place than where you found it."
~ Ed Ludwig (CEO of Becton, Dickinson)