removing zero value lines

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Thu Jan 29 21:53:58 EST 2009

Situation:

Last month I bought several items from a vendor and split the expenses
into three different accounts. This month I buy more from this vendor
but use only two of the expense accounts. This leaves a zero value
im-balance.

How do I get rid of it?

Second and related question: I open a window for im-balance and see
that all the lines have a zero value. Why does removing those lines
actually remove the ENTIRE transaction? WITHOUT ANY WARNING?

Third question: If I copy the .xac file from just before those
transactions got removed to GnuCash-Main will I get them all back? I
know I'll need to re-enter stuff since then.

Debian
GnuCash 2.2.6
Built 2008-08-28 from r17427

--
"If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive." -- Dale Carnegie
    Rick Pasotto    rick at niof.net    http://www.niof.net