Scheduling Accounts Receivable Entries

Franklin H. Chasen chasen at theworld.com
Fri Jan 30 11:41:02 EST 2009

I am trying to schedule tenant rent invoices for my apartment building.
I created a an invoice for each tenant which I posted into my Accounts
Receivable account. I then scheduled each of the Account Receivable
entries to enter monthly on the first day of the month.

When they entered as scheduled, they each had the appropriate month
beginning date in the Date column, a "?" in the Type column, nothing in
the Due Date column, and the invoice number from my original entry with
an additional leading zero in the Ref column. These scheduled A/R
entries do not show when I search for a tenant's invoices, only my
original invoice shows.

If I click on the "?" in the Type column, it changes to an "I" and
enters the month beginning date into the Date Due column. However the
entry still does not show when I search for a tenant's invoices.

Therefore, to process the tenant's payments, I have to make entries
directly into the A/R account register rather than being able to use the
Business menu process of finding the tenant's invoice and processing the
payment.

Am I missing something in the scheduling process for A/R transactions?

Thank you.

-Frank

--
Franklin H. Chasen <chasen at theworld.com>