Gnucash 2.2.7. Reports do not work

Graham P Davis hacker at scarlet-jade.com
Sat Jan 31 06:26:16 EST 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009 07:14:43 Graham P Davis wrote:

> > > How are you specifying the period?
> >
> > I right-click on the page and select "options", then the "general" tab,
> > then set "from" and "to".
>
> Any further thoughts on this item?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Graham

I don't know when or how it happened but I noticed that the answer I was
getting had changed somewhen to start from 2006-Jan-01 instead of September
so thought "let's experiment further".

I tried setting the global accounting period to 2007-04-06 to 2008-04-05 then
selecting the tax accounting range as "start of financial period" to "end of
financial period". No change.

I then changed the "alternate period" from "use last year" to "use from -
to" - which was the same period. This worked - a fortnight after I'd given up
and sent a tax return off.

Is there a sensible reason why I have to use a sledgehammer to crack this nut
by specifying the same period twice or is there a bug?

Thanks,

Graham