Invoices

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 1 19:20:44 EDT 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:10:20 -0400
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> dijo:
>
>> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> writes:
>
>>> 1) I set the font in Edit > Preferences > Printing, but GnuCash is
>>> still using the ugliest font ever designed for the invoices. I can't
>>> find the setting for invoices. I hope that miserable font is not
>>> hard-wired. Can I change it? Also, is there any way to set the point
>>> size differently for various sections of the invoice?
>
>> Which Invoice report are you using?
>
> I used the instructions for "Changing the Invoice Appearance" on the
> Tutorial and Concepts Guide. It said I had to set it to Fancy in order
> to make changes, so that is what I did. I'm using 2.2.6 on Ubuntu
> Jaunty.
>
>> Unfortunately GtkHTML doesn't really let you set fonts..   In 2.4
>> we'll have a templatized Invoice available which should help significantly.
>
> I see from the main GnuCash website that 2.3.1 was released on June 7.
> Is there a page somewhere that gives a guesstimate of the timeline for
> 2.4?

If you're willing to experiment a bit, you can try out the new report
system now.  See
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports_Using_Eguile which is very
much a work-in-progress still.  I'd welcome any feedback on that page an
d your experiences with it.

With pre-2.4 Gnucash, this will give some improvement in the look of the
invoice, but it still won't be using Webkit and CSS, so choosing a font
doesn't work.

Depending on your operating system, you may be able to change the font
that Gnucash 2.2 uses.  For example, on Linux (specifically Ubuntu with
the Gnome desktop), you can change the application font that is used for
most things on the desktop, including Gnucash.

cheers

Chris

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK