problem opening account in Windows Vista -possible solution

Kathy and Ted Aston teka at freeuk.com
Thu Jul 2 07:15:34 EDT 2009

I have been told by Microsoft

QUOTE

Thanks for using the Answers Forum.

You may have to contact the software vendor for support with this product.

You can try right-clicking on the GNUcash install file, select Properties >
Compatibility > choose the XP SP3 profile to run the software under.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

UNQUOTE

By searching for gnucash in the start window and then Right clicking the
program -  which has path "C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin\gnucash.cmd" on my
computer - , compatibility choice XP with SP2 (not SP3) is available.

Selecting this appears to have fixed the problem