Startup Failure

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 3 18:15:57 EDT 2009

I can't open the backup file or any other.  What I did next was install
an old version of  ~/.gnucash that I had saved previously and now the
program will open with the same data file that would not open before and
the scheduled transaction is completed.  The only difference I can see
in the .gnucash directory is that there is a desktop.ini file in the bad
one and it is not included in the version that works.  The .gnucash
directory that works includes books and checks directories and
accelerator-map, expressions-2.0, saved-reports-2.0, and stylesheets-2.0
files.  It appears that the desktop.ini file caused the problem but I am
not sure why it is not needed now.  It definitely seems related to
execution of the scheduled transaction.  Does anyone have any insight
into this or is it a bug that has been identified that I couldn't fine
in the list?
Mike