Startup Failure

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 4 16:59:35 EDT 2009

No, I am not keeping the data file in ~/.gnucash.  I have looked at the
problem in more detail and am just more confused.  There are some
differences in the accelerator-map file in .gnucash when I did a compare
with most but not all related to the scheduled transaction.  I tried
putting each of the non-working .gnucash files in the working folder and
it kept working but when I replaced the whole folder it quit working.
Next I generated a scheduled transaction for yesterday to duplicate the
problem but after it was executed everything continued to work fine so
maybe it is not related to the scheduled transaction.  Since I don't
know what is causing the problem it probably wouldn't do any good to
post any files.  The .ini file only has 3 short lines
([.ShellClassInfo], IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll,
IconIndex=13) and the verison of .gnucash that works has no .ini file.
No, deleting the .ini file from the version that doesn't work does not
solve the problem.
All I can say for sure is that when the program won't start, replacing
.gnucash folder with an old version that works solves the problem.
I'll try to isolate the problem further when it happens again.
Thanks for your interest,
Mike