Reports not showing up

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:08:10 EDT 2009

Nevermind... I solved the problem while typing this. I posted this
message in case others might find it useful.

Short:
Some of the reports in Reports > ... is not showing up.

Long:
The error message:

  No data
  The selected accounts contain no data/transactions (or only zeroes)
  for the selected time period

I tried manually selecting the accouns to show and changed the time
period. Still no report.

Normal account editing works fine. Some accounts such as Account Summary
still shows up, but most don't.

Background:
The book was originally created in Windows' GnuCash (version not sure),
then moved to GnuCash 2.2.9 on Gentoo some time ago. In Windows, the
reporting works fine.

Solution:
It turns out that in my Gentoo, the default currency is USD while in
Windows the default currency is AUD.

Simply switch the Edit > Preferences > Accounts > Default Currency and
Edit > Preferences > Rerports > Default Report Currency to whatever
currency the book was originally made in. For changing the currency of a
single report only, you could also change the Edit > Report Options >
(the next step depends on the report type).