Migrating to GNUCash from MS Money

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Jul 20 18:44:35 EDT 2009

--On July 20, 2009 9:13:29 AM -0700 FireFly <fireflys_98 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> For item 3, there are instructions out there for how to change the
> necessary file to make it work at this page
>
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-May/029905.html
>
> Essentially you edit the Quote.pm file, remove all the lines that
> start with a -, and add in all the lines that start with a + (don't
> actually include the + or -) this seems to have worked for everyone
> who has done it.

The patch in that message is for Finance::Quote version 1.15.  The
patch for 1.16 is similar but slightly different.  If you're applying
it by hand it should be easy to figure out the differences, I don't
know of the patch command is smart enough to do so.  This bug still
hasn't been fixed in the CVS source for Finance::Quote, although a
version of this patch is in the discussion list on the F:Q web site.

              Mike