Crediting a customer

Dave Williams dave at opensourcesolutions.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 05:30:27 EDT 2009

On 21:52, Mon 27 Oct 08, Andrew Ruscica wrote:
> I have addressed this by actually creating a new invoice for the customer.
> The invoice number is CREDIT-### where ### is my cheque number. And the
> account for the transaction is my chequing account.
How did you actually do this? Given all invoices generate a inflow of
funds I cant select any account that reduces the net business asset.

I have a business where customers pay up front for expected services and
then get a refund at the end of the period for any services not used.
The customer may decide they really want the money or can leave their
account in credit. Is there any other way of doing this? There original
invoice has long since been paid so I dont want to edit that.