Migrating to GNUCash from MS Money

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue Jul 21 13:28:16 EDT 2009

--On July 20, 2009 8:21:38 PM -0700 Mr Durgaprasad Sreedhara
<svdurgaprasad at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now the remaining question. Advanced Portfolio Reporting. As I said
> before I have 2 accounts (401K) one for my own contribution and one
> for my employer contribution. Both accounts have same set of
> subaccounts (for different funds). I would like to be able to report
> for both accounts (all the funds under them) and report by fund and
> not by account and fund. That way I would see the total for a fund
> for both accounts. Would you know how I can get that ? And Is there a
> way I can put a "from" date on the report ? I would like to report
> for the current in addition to since beginning of (my) time.

You should remember to include gnucash-user at gnucash.org in your replies.

I'm a software developer, not an accountant, so I really can't advise
you on how to handle this.  I know that when I had a 401K with employee
and employer contributions I had one account for the 401K and I added
funds to this from two income accounts.  It seems to me that having two
accounts is an unnecessary complication, but as I said I'm not an
accountant.

           Mike