aqbanking setup crashes

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 11:33:45 EDT 2009

First off, my versions:
GnuCash 2.3.3 development version; Built 2009-07-23 from r18224
gwenhywfar 3.9.0
aqbanking 4.1.0

If it's relevant, I'm using the MySQL backend and have built this on
Ubuntu Jaunty x64.

So I use the aqbanking setup wizard and follow the instructions on the
wiki. I enter my user info, then move to the OFX tab. I enter the ORG,
FID, and server URL. But if I select "apply" or "OK," the wizard
disappears and this is the output from the console:

qt3-wizard: cfgdir.c:284: GWEN_ConfigMgrDir_AddGroupFileName:
Assertion `subGroupName' failed.

I also tried checking the "Supports Accounts List Download" option and
selecting "Get Accounts." Even though I've filled in all the fields in
the user tab, and the top of the OFX tab, I get this error:

10:33:16  Missing user id, should not happen
10:33:16  Finished. You may close this window.

Does anyone know what I con do to rectify this? Thanks!