Uk corporation tax "prescribed format" account?

Berni Elbourn berni at elbournb.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 14:44:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been keeping the books for a small outfit here in the UK in Gnu
cash. It is on Debian Linux stable which is version 2.2.6 built from
r17427 on 2008-08-28

The company started last year. It has no loans, or assets other than a
few pounds in the bank from our own pockets. There was some sales income
and a pile of costs which greatly exceeds the income. The £12 of shares
is sitting in petty cash.

Now we have to submit our first return....eeek.

Is there a way of generating the reports or export or whatever for what
the notice describes as the prescribed format?

If not I can always put the numbers into a openoffice document but have
no idea what the prescribed format looks like. Can anyone post a
sanitised example prescribed account they may have used for the UK HMRC?

Many thanks,

Berni