Vendor & customer same person

Michael McKay michael.mckay at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 1 22:57:35 EDT 2009

Hi Colin,

I use a clearing account to transfer payments from Accounts Payable to
Accounts Receivable.  When you do work for the vendor, you bill the vendor
and receive payment from the clearing account, marking the bill paid.  You
then pay the equivalent amount to a suitable invoice on the vendor's
account.  The clearing account should show a zero balance, no cash has
changed hands and your customer and vendor records should be correct.

Yours,

Michael McKay
MJM Consulting
613.724.8169