Is there a way to enter my transactions to take the place of "class"

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Fri Jun 5 12:15:38 EDT 2009

Floyd Cornell wrote:

> I have rental properties and with MS Money I enter transactions by
> category (say utilities) and then by class (say B street).

If I were in your position, I would treat each property as a separate
business with a separate set of books.

Barring that, I'd set up a set of books for all properties and have
sub-accounts for each property, like so:

Income
    Rent
        Property A
        Property B
        Property C
Expenses
    Utilities
        Property A
        Property B
        Property C

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments